Friday, March 4, 2011

Speed of Light

So the first week of the spring term behind me i look back at what is beginning. (Can you write something like this?!?)

It's actually quite surprising that it's Friday already, i was only starting to get things rolling at work when it suddenly hit me that it's weekend. Spring is coming, with new challenges to tackle, and it's doing it fast.

It might still be winter more or less but the school is already planning the next year at full speed. And this is where the fright hit me. What if i wont be able to keep my job the next year. For me, during the fall that passed, work has been life, far more than it was last year when i worked as a school room assistant. As i am only employed for a year at a time there is always a risk that someone else with the proper papers, education and experience snatch it from me. However, rumor has it that with the school becoming bigger and bigger there might be a need for even more workforce. I hope this becomes my slice of luck if nothing else. I really am not ready to move forward from there yet, not just yet, since it feels i have only started my work and that i owe the kids at least that much.

Looking back at the week as well as the winter and fall I also noticed how much I have learned. The school taught me more than I ever learned in school. Ironic, huh? It's really a profession for Jacks of all trades and since I'm clearly a master of none I'm getting a strong feeling that this is where I belong.

The weekend should prove to be a good one despite Jonna being ill. We're going to see some great local theater performance tonight with some good friends and are supposed to start filming a short film sometime too. Why is it that i always get the role of the slightly of beat ones? ~__^

Oh, and i realized that when kids don't know what to do you should give them pencils, crayons, watercolors, big sheets of paper and hide all clocks. Quite frankly, it works marvels on grown ups too.

No comments:

Post a Comment