Iv never really figured why there needs to be a separate movement for people to identify themselves with in order to be able to take it easy sometimes. Is it so difficult to take it slow sometimes these days? Not for me it ain't. Maybe I'm lucky in that respect.
Today I decided I was too content with things to be even in the tiniest bit of rush. Yesterday I had to hurry from A to B much enough so today I start with skipping the first thing I had on my schedule altogether. Instead I sit down with a cup of coffee and dream myself away to last night, a wonderful night, and I realize how simple and small the things we truly need in life are. These things have the power to stop time and make space disappear, if only for a while. 3 9!
Yesterday i had to end the day with my class by having to be slightly upset at them. I always hate to end a week like that and do my best to avoid it, however, sometimes its unavoidable. The good thing is, kids don't dwell on bad things too long. Today when i logged onto the notorious wastebin (facebook), i noticed that a student had poked me there. I decided to poke back. I have told the kids that i wont accept them as friends on facebook as long as I am a teacher in the school they go to (not to mention that most of them should not by any means have facebook). This particular kid who sent me a poke this time happens to be one of the kids who always acts tough and loudly declares that he would never add a teacher as his friend on facebook, and still every now and then he asks me, when the other kids cant hear, if I've logged in there in a while. And every time he asks that I know that it means that he sent me a poke again despite the fact that I had to explain to him that i cannot accept him as a friend there. I think that this little, tiny, seemingly useless gesture actually matters more to him than I might understand.
In other news. Japan. My older brother happens to be there. Yet, even if i worry for him a bit, and follow the news about the reactor meltdown threats closely, im certain he will be fine. Cockroaches survived all the earlier nuclear disasters, so im certain he will survive this one. I tells ya, that's one hell of a guy, and one to be proud of. He's seen a Typhoon, walked on snakes in a sugarcane field, been right next door to an earthquake (even if it didn't hit his home) and now he's going to survive a nuclear disaster that might turn historical. Later, when things are fine again, I will be proud to say that my brother was there.
Good night, and good luck Japan!
Tokunoshima, be survivor!
You forgot to mention that he managed to roll from under a cultivator just before the heavy ass thing fell onto him.
ReplyDeleteThat guy is... SUUPAA HIRO! BAKA GAIJIN!